Ruby Midget Files are invaluable for high detail and ultra-precision work. They may be broken off and cemented onto a holder or used with a pin vise. Fine grit only.
*All dimensions have tolerance of ±0.1mm.
|Shape ||mm Dimensions ||Inch Equivalent |
|Square ||50 x 1mm ||2" x 0.04" |
|Round ||50 x 1mm ||2" x 0.04" |
|Triangular ||50 x 2mm ||2" x 0.08" |
|Flat ||50 x 3 x 0.3mm ||2" x 0.12" x .017" |
Ruby Stones are the ideal choice for deburring, blending, dressing, and fine polishing of molds & dies made of hard metals such as hardened tool steel, carbide and surgical stainless steel. Jewelers use them for sharpening of carbide and high speed steel engravers and other tools. Mold & Die Applications:
- Use in an Ultrasonic Handpiece for fast deburring and blending. (Ruby Stones cut faster than our very popular Super Ceramic Stones.)
- Deburring ejector pin holes.
- General deburring and edge breaking on mold steel and carbide.
- Blending a surface where a straight edge meets a radius.
- Polishing highly detailed areas on dies (after dressing Ruby Stone to a fine point).
- Polishing ribs and other hard to reach areas.
Jewelers and Engravers:
- Fine polishing of surgical stainless steel instruments.
- Polishing and shaping of carbide & high speed steel gravers.
Find these items on these pages in our catalog: