Gesswein Hybrid Stones
Our new Hybrid shape combines all the advantages of round and flat stones without the higher costs normally associated with round stones. Use the round side on curved surfaces, the flat side on even surfaces and in 90° corners and slots.
Hybrids measure 1/4" x 1/4" x 6" long and are available in our most popular styles: Diemaker, EDM, GP, Moldmaker, and Oil-Treated. Sold in full box quantities of 12 each.
- General purpose, premium-grade green silicon carbide polishing stones.
- Medium-hard with slower breakdown characteristics.
- A good choice for stoning contours and radii.
- Produces a silky matte finish on all prehardened tool steels, from 28Rc SAE 4130 through 60Rc A2 and M2. Can also be used to rough out aluminum, beryllium copper and kirksite.
- Most stones are sold in full box quantities of 12 each; larger stones are sold in boxes of 6 each.
Also available in a 20-piece set, see "Related Products" below.
For a description of each stone style and an informative applications chart, refer to our PDF: Which Gesswein Stone is Right For Your Job?
Find these items on these pages in our catalog: