Developed for Mold & Die repair: the PUK® U5. Precision welding made easy. Made in Germany. Incorporating the latest technology, the PUK® U5 offers an easy to use solution for precision mold and die repairs. Utilizing micro TIG technology, the welder produces small, consistent spot welds that penetrate the mold surface. The welded areas are strong and can withstand the pressures and working conditions during the molding process. All heat is concentrated at the spot of the weld thereby eliminating the possibility of distortion and metal stress caused by overheating. Backed by a one-year manufacturer's warranty.
- Repairing parting lines, mold seams, three point corners and edges
- Filling in pits and deep scratches on the mold surface
- Weld into slots, corners and ribs
- Repair slides, ejectors, and core pins
- For use on all common tool steels, stainless steels, aluminum and copper
The system comes complete with:
- LED light
- Electrode handpiece
- Set of (10) 0.6mm and (10) 0.8mm electrodes
- Electrode sharpener
- Ground cables
- Argon gas regulator
- Tack resistance welder
- Foot pedal
- TIG Weld Removal (Set of 32 Consumables)
- One-year manufacturer's warranty
The PUK® U5 Advantage
- Save Money: Keep mold repairs in house! Stop sending out for laser and precision welding. Affordable alternative to a laser welder at a fraction of the cost. Repair your molds the same day. No pre-welding heat treatment required.
- Welds Quickly: 1 spot weld every 0.8 seconds! Small spot welds polish out quickly.
- Easy to Use: Ready to use with pre-programmed presets for most common applications. Takes the calculations and guess work out. Extremely accurate weld placement. Sharp electrode tip (0.6mm and 0.8mm) touches the exact location of weld spot.
- Mobility: Take the U5 welder to the press for repair! Magnetic microscope attaches directly to mold while still in the press.
- Minimal heat: Prevents damage caused by overheating of mold, thus increasing life of the tool. All heat is concentrated only at the spot of the weld.
Pre-Programmed and Ready To Use...
For Steel, Aluminum and Copper
Take the guess work out! Simply select the pre-program for your mold repair application and start welding! Each pre-program is set to the optimal weld pulse and time lapse for the specified mold repair application. Or if you prefer, manually override the pre-programmed settings using convenient new "Touch Screen" feature.
Weld anywhere on any type of mold large OR small! The adjustable and magnetic microscope base affixes to any metal surface. The microscope arm is extremely flexible to allow for comfortable welding on almost any mold surface. Keep the microscope at your bench or take it to the mold for a quick in-press repair. The 10X microscope comes complete with integrated LED lighting for proper illumination of the welding surface. A protective eye shutter built into the microscope provides protection for eyes. Field of view 20mm. Microscope can connect directly to your mold base.