Specially designed for cutting hard wires such as platinum, stainless steel and nitinol, these fine precision cutters can also be used to make flush cuts on sterling, gold, brass and other soft metals.
RXPS were originally designed for the medical industry where they remain a popular tool for cutting hard wires such as guide wires, catheters, stents, and coil wires for pacemakers. Typically these wires are made of stainless steel or nitinol and require precise cuts in 0.003" wires. To achieve such precise cuts in hard wire, the blade bevels are exactly honed to a special profile that allows the cutter to fracture the hard wire in a clean break, as opposed to pinching it the way a standard cutter does.
RXPS Cutters exemplify state-of-the-art hand tool design and performance. Measure 5-1/2" long for increased comfort and leverage. Manufactured in California from Lindstrom pliers forged in Spain.
For our medical customers,
- Jaws are forged from high-grade steel to handle tough-to-cut materials.
- Specially designed and honed blade profiles result in precision cuts. An "Ultra Flush" result is often achieved with these cutters because the blades are designed to fracture or break the metal rather than pinch it like standard cutters.
- Exceptionally well-suited for jewelers cutting both hard and soft metals including sterling, gold, brass, stainless steel and platinum.
- RXPS cutters provide medical professionals with accurate, repeatable, and very flush cuts. Any professional who works with hard metal will admire their precision.
- Exclusive Micro-Touch handles provide total hand control for precision work. Slightly rounded, wider profiles ensure even surface distribution and superior hand contact.
- Exclusive BioSpring reduces spring tension during cutting to lessen fatigue, making work easier and safer. Tension and opening width can be adjusted by moving end of spring to desired opening in handle.
- Cutter bevels are honed to a special profile for precision flush cutting, creating much flusher cuts than standard cutters.
- ESD (electrostatic discharge) Safe.
- RXPS Cutters are made of high carbon ball-bearing steel rated for hardness at 63-65 HRC.
RXPS Cutters are designed to specifically cut hard wire such as guide wires, catheters, stents, and coil wires for pacemakers. Typically these wires are made of stainless steel or nitinol and require precise flush cuts in 0.003" wires. To achieve these precise cuts in hard wire, the cutter's bevels are exactly honed to a special profile that allows the cutter to precisely fracture
the hard wire, as opposed to pinching the wire the way a standard cutter does. It is this profile bevel that creates the precise fracture and flush cut that the medical industry requires.
See "Specifications" tab above for details on all 3 cutters.