Elastic Resin is an elastomeric material designed for applications requiring parts that will blend, stretch, compress, and hold up to repeatable cycles without tearing. Elastic Resin is transparent, which makes it well suited for medical models for simulation or education. It is soft, resilient, pliable engineering resin.
Elastic Resin is designed to "bounce back" and return to its original shape quickly. Parts printed in this materials look and behave like a molded silicone part and are durable enough to use for multiple cycles. Producing quality elastic materials was once only possible for expensive industrial equipment, but with affordable, industrial-quality 3D printers like the Form 2 and new advancements like Resin Tank LT (Resin Tank LT -262-0163- is required for Elastic Resin), it is possible to produce elastic parts on the desktop in a matter of hours. Elastic Resin can only be used on the Form 2. Cartridge weighs 3.3 lbs. (1.5kg) Made in the USA.
- Wearables and consumer goods prototyping
- Medical models and devices
- Compliant features for robotics
- Special effects props and models
Not suitable for:
- Parts requiring high surface detail
- Parts that need to hold a particular structure or shape
- Parts requiring high dimensional accuracy
- SDS File: Safety Data Sheet (SDS) 1