Gesswein Purple Mounted Stones are available in a money-saving set of 48 pieces. Available on either 1/8" or 3mm shanks. This assortment is made from our most popular shapes and offers a stone for almost every application. Set includes six each of 8 popular shapes, B44, B52, B53, B122, B123, W145, W163, and W176, conveniently packaged in a box to hold all 48 stones. Shipping weight: 0.5 lbs. Made in USA.
- Increased Material Removal: Reduced cycle time and more cycles per dress.
- Cooler Running: Newly exposed surfaces are sharp, not dull, so less surface area is in contact with the work-piece. Creates considerably less heat and less risk for work-piece damage.
- Holds Shape Longer: Includes a platelet component that helps hold the micro-grains in place longer than conventional grains or other sol-gel ceramic grains.
- Continuous Cutting: The newly exposed surfaces have very sharp edges allowing efficient grinding.
- Less Force Necessary: To get the same rate of material removal as other grains, significantly less force is needed, thus increasing life of equipment and abrasive.
- Longer Abrasive life allows the grain to cut longer.
- Less Loading: The sharp surfaces continue to cut or break away as needed before any loading can occur.